The Youth in Development Boot Camp and Fellowship provide civic leaders with skills and tools to start and effectively lead social change initiatives. Most of the Alumni of this program have gone ahead to create viable and highly impactful social ventures that are transforming the social-economic landscapes of their communities. Sozo Networks and the IMPACT Toolbox is happy to host another cohort of outstanding young Africans in this unique professional development experience. The IMPACT Toolbox is proudly supported by Rustandy Center for Social Innovation at the Chicago Booth Business School, Polsky Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation at the University of Chicago, and Appalachian State University, Booth North Carolina, U.S.A.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
One hundred (100) young leaders would attend a 3-day virtual boot camp. During this transformative learning experience, participants will hone their leadership skills and acquire knowledge on leading sustainable social change. These hundred (100) young leaders would have the unique opportunity to learn directly from social change leaders with exceptional track records and academics from across the world. Participants would become a part of the Impact Toolbox and Sozo Networks’ formidable network of social change leaders. At the end of the boot camp, each participant will submit an action plan and a social venture idea proposal that reflects what they have learned. Twenty (20) of the participants would become the 2021 Youth in Development (YID) Fellows based on the quality of their action plans and social venture idea proposal. 2021 YID Fellows will engage in a 3-month professional development program during which they will enjoy the following through the Impact Toolbox:
- Free access to over $1200 worth of online courses
- Opportunity to pitch for up to $3000 seed funding
- Exclusive mentorship and one-on-one strategy sessions
- Connection to peer collaborators from other parts of the world
- Exclusive networking opportunities
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE?
- Have an idea or initiative for social change
- Be between the ages of 18-35 on or before the application deadline
- Be a citizen of an African country and reside in the continent
- Be proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English
- Be available to attend a 3-day boot camp online from March 25 to 27, 2022
- Willing to step down training to at least ten (10) other people
OUR SELECTION PROCESS
- Applications review will commence after the December 30, 2022 submission deadline.
- Upon our evaluation and verification, successful candidates would be notified in the first week of February 2022.
- 100 applicants will be invited to participate in a 3-day accelerator boot camp and invited to submit a venture memo for their social entrepreneurship idea after the boot camp.
- Twenty 20 YID Fellows would later be shortlisted based on the quality of their venture memos for a 3-month professional development experience, idea incubation and mentorship.
For more information send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org