The Social Entrepreneurship Challenge for Teenage Leaders that aims to develop young social innovators with the desire to create a lasting impact in their immediate community. The challenge seeks to inspire students to improve their communities through entrepreneurial actions. The SEC provides outstanding secondary school students with the opportunity to create sustainable solutions to pressing issues in their communities, making use of their own creativity and innovation. Guided by teachers and mentors, the students take an entrepreneurial approach to create human centered solutions to the biggest challenges in their communities. Are you a secondary school student or teacher? Do you know anyone who is? Invite them to apply.
- Applications are open to teams and not individuals. Each team should consist of two (2) to three (3) students and one (1) teacher/mentor.
- Students should be currently enrolled in a secondary school in Nigeria and have at least six (6) months before graduation.
- Mentors should be teaching/non-teaching staff of the school/organization where students are enrolled.
- Students should be in their SSS 1 or SSS 2 grades
- Teacher/mentor should be thirteen (13) and above
- All the applications received will be reviewed by our panel of experts.
- Ten teams will proceed to the second stage
- Teams in the second stage will be interviewed over the phone by our selection panel
- After the interviews, five (5) teams will proceed to the finals. These teams will be assigned coaches who will support them as they prepare for the final pitch.
- In the finals, five (5) teams will compete for a total of 500, 000 Naira in cash prizes.
- First Prize: 250,000 Naira
- Second Prize: 150,000 Naira
- Third Prize: 100,000 Naira
- Teacher Prize: The teachers/mentors of the winning teams will receive cash prizes and certificates of excellence
Each application will be judged based on the following:
- Creativity and Innovation: What makes your approach different?
- Social Impact: Does this idea address a real social issue and capable of delivering real social change
- Scalability: Can this solution be replicated in another environment with the same social issue and how will the project continue after the prize fund has been exhausted.
- Sustainability: Does the solution consider financial and environmental sustainability?
How to Apply
You will need to provide the following information to apply.
- Name of team members
- Class/grade of each team member
- School represented
- Location of school
- Age of each team member
- Team mentor
- Mentor relationship with team members
Part two: Project Details
- Name/title of project/social enterprise
- Problem identified (not more than 50 words)
- SDGs this project/social enterprise seeks to solve
- Demography mostly affected by this problem
- Solution/intervention (not more than 500 words)
- How is this solution different from other existing solutions? (not more than 200 words)
- What challenges do you encounter while working on this project/social enterprise, and how were you overcome them? (not more than 500 words)
- What is your sustainability plan?
Part three: Contact Information
- Team members contact number
- Team members email address (optional)
- Mentor contact number
- Mentor email address (optional)
- School address
- School email address (optional)
- School website (optional)
Deadline: Watch out for the 2021 application announcement.
Please send the above information in a pdf format at email@example.com or online using the link below