Inadequate access to funds and lack of diversification of funding sources are significant challenges to continued professional and institutional growth for social ventures in developing countries. The goal of this course is to provide intensive grant-writing training for social entrepreneurs and social change leaders. This 4-day onsite or 5-week online course will empower learners with practical grant-making and fundraising skills useful in all international development settings. After the course, they will be able to raise funds for their impact projects. 40 of 120 past participants surveyed have raised almost $1 000 000.
- Learn how project proposal ideas are developed;
- Understand strategies for developing relationships with funders;
- Understand the major components of a project proposal; Learn how to develop strategies for successfully implementing funded projects;
- Become familiar with the grants opportunities available through the US Embassy.
- Receive a resource directory of “Funding for Community Development Projects in Africa” compiled by Professor Jesse Lutabingwa;
- Learn about other fundraising concepts besides grant writing, and share knowledge about what has worked well within their organizations and explore opportunities to collaborate with each other.
- Earn a badge to show case your new skills to your network online.
The lead facilitator is Professor Jesse Lutabingwa, an expert in grant writing, Associate vice-chancellor of international education and development; director of international research and development; and professor of public administration Office of International Education and Development, Department of Government and Justice Studies, Appalachian State University, North Carolina, USA.
Preferred participants are emerging non-profit executives or entrepreneurs who require grant writing for raising funds to sustain or scale their impacts and must be available for the entire course duration.
The online course would be delivered using recorded class sessions from previous grant writing courses that we have held. Reinforced with Facebook live sessions, live webinars, workgroups, and assignments. It would adopt a project-based learning approach. Click the link below to learn more and enrol.
The grant writing course is coming to a city near you very soon. Check this page later for our schedule. You can pre-register using the button below.
Cost of On-site Training – $100
Click the button below to complete your registration for the onsite training.
Contact us via email@example.com for more information